// Important Information
Acting now will ensure that beautiful parklands are available for people in our community to access and enjoy forever. Visionary action is essential to ensuring our kids and grandkids share our quality of life for future generations.
How were the projects selected?
After years of public input, surveys and consideration, the park district Board of Directors identified a roster of projects highly desired by our community, yet beyond the means of the district to provide. The list was whittled down further after 20+ public information gatherings and web-based input, resulting in the highest priorities reflected in Measure 9-86.
Why is a bond needed?
These projects represent the highest community priorities. They will go far to protect our quality of life for future generations yet they are beyond the capacity of our park and recreation district.
Vision - it's what Bend does
In 1921 the Women's Civic Improvement League gathered signatures to put a measure on the city's ballot to establish Drake Park. Like now, people recognized the value of taking bold action for future generations.
How will it benefit my family?
- Expand near-by trails and your access to them
- Help keep our kids, families and visitors safe on the Deschutes River
- Expand year-round recreation with a covered, open-air recreation facility including wintertime ice skating for kids, families and visitors
- Preserve our natural beauty future generations
- Protect river-water quality
- Support our community's economic growth and vitality now and well into the future